Based in Oslo, Norway
Press / Business contact:
Milkmaid Of The Milky Way
Embracelet (coming 2020)
Mattis Folkestad, aka Machineboy, was born 1976 in Northern Norway. He grew up with the Commdore 64 and Amiga computers, and soon started exploiting these machines for his artistic purposes. In 1995 he self published an adventure game called Madhouse – Indian Spirit for the Amiga, which several years later ended up in the book The Ultimate Guide to Amiga PD Games: The very best Shareware and Public Domain games for the Commodore Amiga. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Animation from Volda College and Queensland College of Art.
Folkestad has worked at NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) since 2004 as a web developer, animator and designer. In his spare time he has released several apps for iOS including a three dimensional sketchbook app (Deepsketch) and iPhone game Flap Flap. In 2017 he released his self funded labour of love adventure Milkmaid of the Milky Way, which ended up winning Game of the Year at Norwegian Spillprisen 2018. In 2019 he started working full time as a game developer with his limited company Machineboy AS.
Awards & Recognition
- “Game Of The Year 2017 – Spillprisen” – spillprisen.no
- “Game Of The Year Small Screen 2017 – Spillprisen” – spillprisen.no
- “Pocket Gamer Silver Award” – Pocketgamer.co.uk
- “Game of the Year Mobile Finalist – Golden Joystick Awards 2017” – goldenjoysticks.com
- “Gamer’s Voice Mobile Game Finalist – SXSW Gaming 2017” – sxsw.com
- “Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a stunning point-and-click pixel puzzler”
– pocketgamer.co.uk, Website
- “The Best Mobile Adventure Game You’ll Play This Year (5/5)”
– player.one, Website
- “There are some big twists revealed in the second act of the game that you absolutely need to experience for yourself… (8/10)”
– Enthusiast Gaming, Website
You must be logged in to post a comment.