Based in Oslo, Norway
Press / Business contact:
Indie labour of love project “Milkmaid of the Milky Way” is a 90s style point and click adventure game where you play Ruth, a lone milkmaid living on a remote farm in a faraway fjord in 1920’s Norway. It’s a game of exploration, solving puzzles, milking cows and making cheese, thinking about your past, pasture and future and setting out on a journey of a lifetime when a giant, golden spaceship descends from the sky. It’s also written completely in rhyme, giving an old genre an interesting twist!
Mattis Folkestad, aka Machineboy, was born 1976 in Northern Norway. He grew up with the Commdore 64 and Amiga computers, and soon started exploiting these machines for his artistic purposes. In 1995 he self published an adventure game called Madhouse - Indian Spirit for the Amiga, which several years later ended up in the book The Ultimate Guide to Amiga PD Games: The very best Shareware and Public Domain games for the Commodore Amiga. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Animation from Volda College and Queensland College of Art.Career
Folkestad has worked at NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) since 2004 as a web developer, animator and designer. In his spare time he has released several apps for iOS including a three dimensional sketchbook app (Deepsketch) and iPhone game Flap Flap. Milkmaid of the Milky Way is his latest, self funded labour of love.
Milkmaid Release Trailer YouTube
Milkmaid Trailer 2016 YouTube
There are far more images available for Machineboy, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Machineboy. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Game Of The Year 2017 - Spillprisen" - spillprisen.no
- "Game Of The Year Small Screen 2017 - Spillprisen" - spillprisen.no
- "Pocket Gamer Silver Award" - Pocketgamer.co.uk
- "Game of the Year Mobile Finalist - Golden Joystick Awards 2017" - goldenjoysticks.com
- "Gamer's Voice Mobile Game Finalist - SXSW Gaming 2017" - sxsw.com
- "Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a stunning point-and-click pixel puzzler"
- pocketgamer.co.uk, Website
- "The Best Mobile Adventure Game You'll Play This Year (5/5)"
- iDigitalTimes.com, Website
- "There are some big twists revealed in the second act of the game that you absolutely need to experience for yourself... (8/10)"
- Enthusiast Gaming, Website
Development blog for Milkmaid https://milkmaidgame.tumblr.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Game developer, writer, composer, artist