I have been spending a lot of time inside the top-secret nerd-tent lately, plugging away on a major update to DeepSketch – the 3D sketchbook for iPad. Version 1.3 is done, with only bug fixing and testing left before the upgrade will be sent to Apple.
Here are in brief what is new in the upcoming version:
- Layers: Sketch out a pencil drawing on a separate layer before you trace it in 3D on the 3D Layer! You can even import photos or pictures to the 2D Layer and use it as a reference when painting in 3D. Supports opacity, quick show/hide and delete layers – makes it a lot easier to make cool stuff!
- Great new Gallery/Image browser
- Export your images to iTunes, Photo Library or e-mail your artwork straight from DeepSketch
- Visual depth preview: Drag the Depth Slider and get immediate depth feedback in a window. Makes placing brush strokes much easier!
- Lots of small enhancements, including built in help in all panels
Get DeepSketch now for your iPad, it’s only $1.99 from iTunes. The update will be released January.